Fab Feb Photo Collage - Day 26

Millie's wedding
L to R Back row Ethel Carrett, Ted Conner, Millie Andrews nee Carrett, George Henry Carrett III,
Front row L to R Frank and Ken Andrews
1924


Ethel Eileen Carrett (my paternal grandmother) and her older sister Dorothy Mildred aka Millie were married in the same year - 1924.

The family joke about this photo was that Ethel had to stand on a soap box she was so short in order to balance things out a bit.

Ethel would have been 19 or 20 in this photo and Millie would have been 21 or 22.

Ethel and Millie's father on the far right would have been 45 years old or thereabouts.  

Frank the groom is seated to Millie's left.  His brother Ken is sitting in front of the father of the bride.

This photo is a copy I'm afraid.  Not sure where the original is now. Millie's family has probably got it.

From a cursory search on Trove I see that Millie and Frank had a son a year later at Nurse Gee's private hospital.  

Note to self - get a copy of Millie's wedding certificate.

Millie died in 1949.

Frank died in 1967.

Isn't Ethel's dress beautiful ?  It's so simple.  I think it would have been lovely to wear.

And it goes without saying that the Bride is just beautiful too.

Comments

Kristin said…
The dress is simple and graceful and beautiful. I'm sorry I have no pictures of anybody in my family getting married in the 1920s. The dresses and veils are so beautiful.
Alex Daw said…
Kristin, doing this exercise has made me realise what photos I am missing...for example I don't have one of my grandmothers' weddings on either side of the family which strikes me as rather odd....yet again I say, I must ask my father!

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme