Q is for QFHS and Question #AtoZChallenge

 



Welcome to Day 17 of the  #AtoZChallenge.  Don't know what the AtoZChallenge is? Find out more here.

My theme is about Family History Societies.  What they are, How they work, Who is in them, Why they exist.

And which ones begin with Q !  

Societies beginning with Q

Australia



UK


Family Organizations beginning with Q









I used to work with a boss who questioned everything we did.  I confess that sometimes it was a bit aggravating but it's not a bad habit to get into.  Do question why you do things the way you do them.  Is it because you've always done them that way?  Is it because it used to be a good way to do things but now you don't even need to do it because some other system handles that or perhaps there is a better easier way.  Why do you do it?  Is it even necessary?  Make a habit of asking people who are new to the organization what they notice or think is peculiar.  Fresh eyes and all that.

Thanks for swinging by today.  How are you finding the challenge?  Only 9 more days to go.  What have you learned from this year's challenge?  





Comments

Molly's Canopy said…
Well, my post for letter Q is about "Questioning everything" in my early teens. But as a family historian and genealogist, the questions never really end, to they? And that's part of the fun! Of course, as this month progressed, I have questioned why I decided to do the A to Z Challenge again this year -- ha ha -- but now that the finish line is in site, that query is dissipating. https://mollyscanopy.com/2021/04/questioning-everything-atozchallenge/
GeniAus said…
Coincidentally my post for Q was about questions. https://geniaus.blogspot.com/2021/04/2021-atozchallenge-q-is-for-questions.html

Without questions there can be no evaluation - an essential part of any process.
Alex Daw said…
Oh Molly you made me laugh. Yes the Q blog post really did make me question why I signed up for this. Thank goodness we are on the last week.

Jill - you are correct. I tend to be an accepter rather than a questioner and I really need to change my ways. I think it's because I tend to agree with everyone rather than challenging them. Can you tell I don't like conflict? But I need to get more comfortable with conflict or questioning the status quo.

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Sepia Saturday: 31 August 2013