Wedding Wednesday

 


Welcome to Wedding Wednesday.

I was going through some photos last month with my father.  We were trying to find photos of one of the houses we used to live in but could not find very many which was a great mystery in its own right.  The only ones I had were black and white and quite old.  We're not sure what happened to the more recent ones after the renovations were completed.  Sigh.

In the process though, I put together an album for him of all the photos that I thought used to belong to him or were of his family.  Photos have got mixed up over the years as albums decayed and so he handed these back to me and said: "I don't know who these people are."  

Hmmm...so they must have been from my mother's side of the family...were they Wingfields/Forfars, old school friends or McLoughlins?

Luckily I have cousins on both sides and the lovely cousin Marilyn replied to a message on Facebook and identified the parties to the marriage.  I suspect these photos were in my grandfather's collection.





They are lovely photos, aren't they?  They are in fact quite tiny photos.  8 x 5.5cm.

So, if I have this correct, these are photos of Patrick McLoughlin and Mary Kathleen Hardiman getting married in 1954 in the district of Campsie. (NSW BDM Index Registration Number 22008 - NB McLoughlin is spelled McLAughlin if you can't find it) My mother would have been 19 years old.  I don't know if she attended or even took the photos.

I'd love to know the church in which they were married.  I'm thinking it might be St Mel's as per this image here and this article here.

I'm just trying to find out which of my grandfather's brothers Patrick is descended from; is it John Patrick McLoughlin?

Patrick died in 1991 and Mary Kathleen or Kath in 2011 as per this entry here.  They are buried at Castle Hill Cemetery.  I'm pretty sure I went out to Castle Hill with my mother once after my grandfather died so I would have met Kath at least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Sepia Saturday: 31 August 2013