Sepia Saturday 534 : 22 August 2020

 


Alan from Sepia Saturday says:  

I have been waiting for so long for the bus, I have forgotten where I am supposed top be going to. Being Sepia Saturday, however, I can go wherever I want to. If I choose to, I can be guided by the prompt and therefore look out old photographs of buses or transport or men carrying suitcases. There again, I can just jump on the first bus that comes past and see where it takes men to. That, as always, is the beauty of Sepia Saturday. Just post your posts on or around Saturday 22 August 2020 and add a link to the list below.

A quick post from me today.  Here are my contributions: two photos from my paternal grandmother's album and one from my maternal grandfather's album.  Interestingly this photo was reversed in my grandmother's album so I had to flip it in my editing program.  This is Picadilly Circus isn't it?  I'm thinking it was taken in the 60s or 70s.



Here's another one featuring a bus.  This time of Moscow.  When I flipped it over, there was my handwriting on the back.  Not only was I a "liar, liar, pants on fire" but I was also impersonating my Dad! Obviously I was very bored one afternoon at Gran's and decided to "fix up" one of her postcards.  I have never been to Moscow.  I would like to have gone to Moscow but only Gran went to Moscow.




The one good thing about this fake postcard is I have confirmation of Gran's address at the time :)

Second last photo.  I thought this was a man with a suitcase, but on closer inspection, it is a picnic basket.  How many men do you see in this photo?  Look very closely, there is another face between Kit (or is it Belle) and Shirley, the blonde.  I didn't see it until I enlarged the photo.


Group photo in park, slippery dip in background, group in front has picnic basket, gazebo to the right

And my last photo is a not very clear one of Brisbane today taken with my mobile in a desperate attempt to show you how windy and dusty it is here today.  Can you see the haze?


view of Brisbane city through haze

For more takes on today's Sepia Saturday theme go here.

Comments

La Nightingail said…
Oh you naughty, naughty little girl. :) I'm afraid I did a few irreversible things in my youth too. Not awful, but things I'm embarrassed about now. Oh well. Your skies are hazy, but at least they're not hazy with smoke. Northern California is on fire, but luckily not too near where I live.
Alex Daw said…
Haha...yes indeed. And yes those fires in California do not sound good.
Mike Brubaker said…
Clever postcards. It's fun to discover one's own forgotten pranks and realize the jokes on you!

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Sepia Saturday: 31 August 2013