Trove Tuesday

 




METROPOLITAN GIRLS' RESULTS IN INTERMEDIATE EXAM. (1952, January 25). The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), p. 5. Retrieved August 25, 2020, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article18260940

Following up from yesterday's post about my mother's secondary education...

Here is evidence of my mother passing her intermediate in 1951 - she is McLoughlin B.H..  That would have been what they called Year 3.  I keep thinking that the Intermediate would be done in Year 4 or Grade 10 like we did our School Certificate in Grade 10.  But I realise now that we had an extra year tacked on to our High School going up to Grade 12 whereas the article under Educationist in the newspaper snippet below reminded me that matriculation was at the end of Year 5 in High School or our Grade 11.


In the process of trying to find evidence of my mother having attended Fort Street Girls High School for at least part of Year 4 in 1952 before going to the Model Business College or Miss Hale's, I discovered my godmother (her BFF) Val Duckworth won the NSW IGU Pam Barton Foundation scholarship. Hoorah for Aunty Val!


So all in all a successful day scouring Trove for family history information.  How did you go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme