Sepia Saturday 492: 19 October 2019



The focus of Sepia Saturday this week is prams - or perambulators as they were once known.  

I have shown pictures of prams before on my blog.  

This one only a couple of weeks ago....my mother is in the pram.




This one of my mother with her doll's pram was posted six years ago.



This one of her cousin's son Doug in a pram (and what a very smart pram it is) five years ago.



If you look carefully at the photo of Gladys and Cecil Maloney in this photo posted a couple of years ago, you can see another pram











So it was a real challenge to find a new photo...but here it is!

Me and my doll's pram which I suspect we still have somewhere in the attic.



My grandmother brought back this dress for me from Hawaii however the photo was taken in Edinburgh Scotland.  Gee I loved that pram.  It took a lot of beating.  

I dug up a couple more recent photos of my children.

Me and Bel in her pram - actually I don't think it was ours.  I think it was a borrow-job until we got our own.


And then Cas came along so we had to get a double-decker, as it were.


They were demanding days as I remember.  I think I was Martha ;)

For more prams, go here.

Comments

violet s said…
Your doll's pram is very nice, as is your 'Hawaiian' dress!
Your cousin Doug certainly had the "Cadillac" of prams. However, I rather like your doll's two-tone pram in one of the later photos -- so sleek and modern!
Virginia Allain said…
I don't remember a pram among my playthings but we did have a red wagon which features in a number of pictures.
Mike Brubaker said…
An impressive collection! Prams in our area are usually NASA designed all terrain vehicles suitable for a jogging parent to push, (and often with a dog in tow.) But many new parents dispense with it altogether and strap their infant into their chest facing outward! With little dangling arms and legs it creates a strange 8 limbed creature that's very disconcerting to see. Some dads even add another child carried in a backpack frame!
Barbara Rogers said…
Such a great collection of prams...and the babies to go with them, whether real or just dolls. I remember receiving a very big doll pram for my 7th birthday. No photos survive however.

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme