Tuesday's Tip

Gezin leest samen een tijdschrift / Parents and children reading a magazine together


Here's a quick tip.  As of yesterday, through Moreton Bay Region Library Service (yes, my employer) you can now download magazines to your computer, tablet, phone, device for free (excluding applicable download charges from your internet service provider).   Read all about how to do it here.  

If my library service down at the bottom of the world is doing it, perhaps your library service is offering it too.  

Just think of all the money you can save on magazines and spend on certificates!  

Whilst the range of genealogy/family history magazines is slim - just the wonderful Inside History at this stage - I can save money on knitting magazines and spend my savings on family history books.  

Yes Brisbane City Council Library service offer this too.

All you need to do is have a library account to browse which magazines you want through RBDigital (seamless through your library's website, using your library card) and an account with Zinio to read your magazines.

To quote MBRC's blurb directly....no holds, no due dates, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.

Tech stuff?  Quoting again from MBRC website it's recommended that you:

Connect to Wi-Fi or broadband network to download magazines.

The average magazine file size is 25-35MB but magazines with more images may be up to 70-80MB.

I'm in heaven!

Duff Family Photographs

Comments

GeniAus said…
Thanks for reminder. I must check this out at my local library.
Little Nell said…
No library account here in Lanzarote Alex :( I have a Zinio account but I pay for my mags. I’d forgotten you were a knitter; I’ve just recently taught myself to knit, after years of crocheting and I’ve subscribed to a knitting mag which was on offer. Learning as fast as I can. If you have time look on my crafty blog to see my efforts. *jealous* By the way did you know that Issu has free crafty mags but you have to be online to read them?
Alex Daw said…
My pleasure Jill. It seems too good to be true doesn't it? Aren't we lucky!
Alex Daw said…
Hi Little Nell - Issu does ring a bell but I haven't looked at it for a while. I'm heading on over to your blog now. I need to do what you're doing but in reverse - I can't really crochet but wish I could do more. I have perhaps a misguided impression that it might actually be easier than knitting.

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme