Sepia Saturday 536: 5 September 2020

 


Fathers and daughters, mothers and daughters: yes, we have reached letter D in our alphabetical trawl through the theme images. Our theme photo features the American businessman and art collector, Solomon Guggenheim and his daughter, Barbara Josephine Guggenheim. For your Sepia Saturday post, you can follow the daughters, follow the "D's", or - as always - do whatever you choose. All we need is an old photo and a few words.

A short post from me today as time is of the essence and I must get going.



Goodness! It wasn't until I published the photo on Blogger that I saw all those scratches so I've had a go at blotting them out with the spot fix tool in my photo editing program. Better?


A bit better I think.  All I can see is my beautiful mother's elegant hands and her pleased as punch father, Thomas McLoughlin.  This was taken in 1960.  Thomas would have been nearly 62 years old at the time - a month shy of his birthday. I think the photo was taken in the front room or living room of Jean Cook's home.  The wedding took place 11th June 1960 at Wesley Chapel Wesley College Sydney University at 5pm.  

That's my contribution to fathers and daughters for Sepia Saturday.  For more contributions go here.

Comments

La Nightingail said…
And a lovely contribution it is! A beautiful bride, a proud father, and an elegant pose. Perfect. :)
ScotSue said…
Such a lovely photograph of a happy occasion!
Kathy said…
Your mother's hands do look very elegant. Lovely photo and good match!
Barbara Rogers said…
A very lovely photo of your mother and grandfather. I imagine the wedding was formal and well attended. With my screen having spots all over it, I couldn't see the scratches anywhere...so I appreciate both photo shots.
smkelly8 said…
I agree. this is such a beautiful father-daughter photo. You're lucky to have it.
Wendy said…
Scratches?? What scratches?? Beautiful portrait.
Virginia Allain said…
Lovely wedding photo! I really regret that my parents didn't have a photo taken from their marriage. It was just at the parson's office, a war-time wedding. Mom did describe for us what she wore and the cake that the minister's wife made for them.

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Sepia Saturday: 31 August 2013