Blogging from A-Z April Challenge - Theme Reveal

 



Crikey!  I hope I'm not too late for the theme reveal for the challenge.  I didn't realise the deadline was so close.

Okay...my theme is Family History Societies - the A-Z thereof.  What does it take to run one?  What do they do?  Who is in a Society and why? What kind of societies are there?  Are Societies relevant in this day and age?

Stay tuned for more during the month of April and please...share your thoughts.  It won't be half as much fun without you! 

Addendum: Right! Well this was done in a bit of a rush on Sunday morning so here is some extra information for those of you who don't know what the heck I am talking about. What is the A-Z blogging challenge.  Well you can find out more about it here.

Basically you pick a theme or meme and blog about it for 26 days in April, the idea being you can have every Sunday off to recover :)  There are all sorts of blogs out there - history, books, health, musing, genealogy.  You name it, there's a blog about the topic you're interested in.  My blog here is about family history and genealogy and there's a few of us in blogland who will be participating, including some of my genea-buddies blogging about anything from the Australian Joint Copying Project to whether oral histories can be trusted sources of information.  All good fun.  Enjoy the challenge whatever you blog or read about!

And yes, the image on this post has changed.  You can get all sorts of blogging image resources on the site so that people can instantly recognise that you are part and parcel of the same challenge. Phew! That's done.

Comments

Jennifer Jones said…
This is an interesting theme. Looking forward to reading your posts. Also, better late than never
Alex Daw said…
Thanks Jennifer. Indeed. I am quite looking forward to getting back into it. A deadline is always helpful for motivation :)
crgalvin said…
Sounds good, I look forward to reading your posts.
Alex Daw said…
Thank you dear Carmel. I hope I can rise to the challenge appropriately :)
Iain Kelly said…
Good luck with the challenge.
https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/03/08/a-z-challenge-2021-theme-reveal/
Sounds like a great theme. I belong to a few societies, but always happy to learn about new ones. See you in April!
Alex Daw said…
Thank you Molly. I look forward to seeing everyone else's themes.
Alex Daw said…
Thank you Ian you too!
GeniAus said…
I am committed to grassroots genealogy so will be interested in learning from your posts. As President of my local FHG I need all the help I can get.
Carrie-Anne said…
Sounds like a fun theme! When I'm in a position to do so, I fully intend to join the Stewart Society, for descendants of the Medieval monarchs of Scotland. I'd also love to join other societies.
Dara said…
Looking forward to your posts Alex, Great topic.
Alex Daw said…
Thank you Jill, Amita, Carrie-Anne and Dara. I hope to do the subject justice :)
Katrina M said…
That's a great topic. I'm just starting in Geneaology Societies so looking forward to your insights.
Alex Daw said…
Thanks Katrina - it's proving fruitful if challenging to keep up the posts.

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Sepia Saturday: 31 August 2013