Caring for your photographic collection

Just a quick one today.

As a librarian, I am a member of a professional association called ALIA.  

One of the benefits of membership is a monthly professional development newsletter which alerts me to all sorts of opportunities to increase my learning.

Of course, I am not allowed to rebroadcast that newsletter in part or full but I did want to share with you one of the finds in this month's newsletter and acknowledge how I found out about it. Thanks ALIA.  Well worth the membership :)  And, of course, I encourage you to join if you are working in libraries and information in Australia and are not a member already.

The find is a You Tube video from the Museum of Australia which is about caring for your photographic collection.  It's not short being an hour in duration...but if you feel like a virtual visit to the Museum in Canberra and learning about their photographic collection, different types of photographs, digitisation of photographic material and picking up some tips and hints for caring for your own collection, this is a real treat.

Thanks National Museum of Australia too !





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme